Monday, May 9, 2011

Blogworthy by megan

The daily routine is as follows: 1. Shawn takes Phoebe to school; 2. I pick Phoebe up from school. I hear some of the stories about their trips to school, but I clearly do not know all that goes on in that 15 minute span of time. I do know that there are frequent stops at QT for a "special treat" most mornings and that there is some form of music education occurring. Shawn listens to all kinds of music, and teaches Phoebe all about the obscure and not-so-obscure bands he likes. However, if you know my husband, even remotely, you know that his favorite band of all time is Pearl Jam.

But I digress...

This afternoon Phoebe was having a snack in the car after I picked her up from school. We were chatting and the radio was playing softly in the background. Out of nowhere, Phoebe started shushing me to be quiet. "Listen, Mommy. That's Eddie Bedder. He is the singer for Pearl Jam."

My jaw dropped. She was right. The song "Breathe" was playing, and she was right. Shawn is already indoctrinating her with his love for this band. She sometimes seems so grown up, but the fact that she called him Eddie Bedder helped me remember she's stille a little tike. I guess Shawn's 15 minute music appreciation lessons are paying off!

No comments: