Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Blogworthy by megan

Phoebe and I have been spending an awful lot of time together since we are both out of school for Christmas break. We go to lunch, the mall, Monkey Joe's, Target, the mall, playdates with friends. Did I say the mall? We really have become quite a pair. So because of all the time we have been spending together, she has become overly clingy to me. I am the only one who can get her ready for bed; I'm the only one who can get her out of her carseat; I'm the only one who can hold her; etc. You get the point.

This morning Shawn was making breakfast for all of us when she did this really cute twirl in the kitchen. He looked at her and said, "I love you, Bits." You should know that we have called Phoebe "Bits" or "Bitty" since she was tiny. The name has kind of stuck.

Anyway, she looked back at him and replied with gusto, "I'm not your Bits! I'm Mommy's Bits!" Shawn and I both died laughing. I am trying to enjoy this phase because I know the day is coming where she won't want anything to do with me. I teach high school, remember. Sigh.

No comments: