Tonight was the first time in a week that I got to kiss Phoebe good night. Shawn and I have been away from her for one or two nights, but never for a week. It was tough on me, I have to admit. I also have to admit that an adult vacation does wonders to rejuvenate the soul and the ships-passing-in-the-night syndrome that Shawn and I were starting to develop. But I digress...
After Phoebe and I read some stories and talked about what we did today, we said prayers just like we do every night. But tonight, she was particularly precocious.
"Where is God, Mommy?"
"God is everywhere and anywhere you want Him to be," I replied a bit surprised.
"Way up high in the sky, Mommy?"
"Yes. Way up in the sky."
"Way down low on the floor, Mommy?"
"Sure. Way down low, too."
"Is He in my bed?"
"Yes. But mainly He lives in your heart," I responded.
"My heart?"
Now I could tell that the wheels were really spinning. She started looking all around the room to see if she could find God. After pointing to all of her body parts asking me if God was in each spot on her body, she was thrilled to discover that God is also in her tummy.
"If God is in my tummy, Mommy, then maybe God is eating my chicken nuggets and milk that I had for supper."
Sigh. It's good to be home.
Monday, August 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment